The Comco KB Series is a compact and fast CNC tube bender perfectly suited for automotive, HVAC, aircraft, medical applications, plus many others. The machine platform is precise, surface ground, and combined with the highest quality components to provide the utmost in machine movement accuracy. All axes are servo-driven on THK rails and bearings for exact positioning. The bent head is designed for maximum part clearance, which, combined with the programming versatility, allows the forming of complex and symmetrical part shapes.
Machine components are carefully selected to utilize off-the-shelf cylinders, Mitsubishi servo motors, and servo packs, and reducers to maximize replacement parts availability. A NEMA-style lockable filtered enclosure is standard on all models, providing maximum protection of the electronics. The hydraulic system utilizes a silent rotary pump to supply the clamp and pressure systems and reduces overall machine noise significantly.
This machine can be integrated with optional components such as loaders, robots, and unload devices in order to increase your production efficiency.
The KB series provides the accuracy required in the manufacture of jet engines, the speed required by rigorous schedules imposed on automotive suppliers, and the dependability that guarantees uninterrupted performance for all customers, whether it be a small-volume service environment or a high-volume manufacturer.
If you are looking for a durable machine that will stand up to the harshest environments while still maintaining your required precision, look no further.
- Dual and triple radius available
- Compact footprint saves your floor space
- 10 Minutes tooling change over
- Compact, heavy-duty Bend Head provides maximum clearance for difficult part shapes
- Drop-away, hydraulic positive-locking clamp die assembly
- Sealed, air-cooled hydraulics for chuck, clamp & pressure systems
- Hydraulic Pressure Die Assist (most models)
- Standard 3 jaw chuck system
- THK bearings & rails used throughout provide smooth, precise movements of axes
- Sealed cabinet for electronics to prevent contamination and associated noise issues
- Safety Mat system has selectable features: Provides a true ‘one-stop’ capability that will allow automatic continuation of bending from the point of stop at the press of a button; or stops bender with clamp and pressure open or closed, shutting off the hydraulics.
- E-Stop on Console & Operator Pedestal
- Hydraulic Motor Shut-Off (E-Stop or Safety Mat) with tool release for maximum operator protection
- Bend Arm Return, Safety Shut-Down Plate
- User-friendly platform that can be configured to standard PC components (printers, external media storage, networking) for backups, CAD and measuring center interface, or standard PC printers.
- Mitsubishi AC servo drives and motors for feed, plane, & bend axes
- Absolute encoders eliminate the “origination” process, as well as zero and speed reduction sensors, therefore improving operation and reducing failure points
- Mitsubishi PLC machine controller ensures flexibility and stability, providing safe, fast, and efficient operation.
- Input/output isolation modules improve diagnostics and reduce repair expenses.
Windows Controller Features
- “Teach Mode” function for part programming provides the easiest method of creating advanced part movement quickly without complicated avoidance moves or sequencing.
- Detailed production history, alarm history, and machine monitoring functions help track production, monitor performance and diagnose programming or machine faults quickly.
- Extensive part storage capability allows quick changeovers and easy access to all programs
- Log-in levels as “operator” and “manager” allow control of access to machine functions. “Manager” can allow or limit access to any and all operator functions, including change of programs, part appointments, clear and store of data, and machine parameters.